Destitute Widow Pension Scheme in Tamil Nadu
Eligibility Requirements for the Widow Pension Scheme in Tamil Nadu
- There are no upper age limit for getting the widow pension, the minimum age should be above 21 years of age.
- The Widower must have no other source of Income in any form, eligible only for widow, who is below poverty line.
- The Applicant must not be professional beggars
- Pension is given in spite of having legal heirs of above 18 years of age
- Must not possess property of value more than Rs.5,000/-.
- Instead of getting the reports regarding the pension given to the widows from Village Administrative Officers and Revenue Inspectors, copy of resolution of Village Panchayat/ Town Panchayat can be submitted
- If the Applicant / Widower remarried, Pension / Government Assistance will not be given.
- The Applicant Should be from the state of Tamil Nadu
Whom to Contact for Availing the Widow Pension ?
If the above criteria is matching to avail widow pension, one must approach Tahsildar / Special Tahsildar (Social Security Scheme) in the respective revenue / Corporation office.
Documents Required for Availing the Widow Pension
- Address Proof of the Widow
- Death Certificate of the Husbund
- Aadhaar Card of the Applicant ( Widow)
- Passport Size Photo
- Filled Application either through Online / prescribed hard copy
- Bank Account Passbook copy
How much pension destitute widow gets/What is the Widow pension amount in Tamil Nadu ?
The Applicant will be paid Rs.1000 / month to their Bank account . ( Latest Pension as on Year 2019 )
Is there any minimum educational Qualification required for Window pension ?
No, there are no educational Qualification requirement for Applying and getting the widow pension in Tamil Nadu.
Can I apply the Widow pension Online / How to Apply Widow pension online for Tamil Nadu ?
You can Apply Widow pension online through E- Sevai Counters / private browsing Centers, however follow up required with government authorities.
Can we get Senior Citizen Pension and Widow pension both simultaneously in Tamil Nadu ?
Yes in many instances, You may have to contact your village Administrative Officers / Tahsildar for more clarification and regulatory requirements.
Suddenly Widow Pension Stopped, What do I do ?
No Problem, You need not to reapply again ! Contact your respective Taluk Tahsildar / District Collector office to get all the dues in time.
Which is the department responsible for monitoring the Widow pension scheme in Tamil Nadu ?
The Widow pension in Tamil Nadu is distributed through Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Department, which has the authority to revise the Pension amount with or without any notice.