The government of Tamil Nadu facilitates the educational status of the girl child and helps the poor parents during the marriage of their daughter by providing some assistance.
Thalikku Thangam Thittam Scheme in TamilNadu
Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Ninaivu Marriage Assistance Scheme is provided to the people of Tamil Nadu under the name so called “Thalikku Thangam Thittam”.
This assistance is provided for the family who falls in the category of ‘below poverty line’. The assistance is provided in the form of two schemes.
- Scheme–I provides Rs.25,000/- (in the form of cheque) + 4 grams gold coin ( ½ sovereign ) of 22 carat will be given for making ‘Thirumangalyam’.
- Scheme-II provides Rs.50,000./- ( in the form of cheque) + 4 grams gold coin ( ½ sovereign) of 22 carat will be given for making ‘Thirumangalyam’
Eligibility Requirements for Thalikku Thangam Thittam Scheme in TamilNadu
The eligibility criteria for those who opt for this assistance under scheme-I will be as follows:
- The bride should have studied 10th std
- In case of Scheduled Tribe, the bride should have studied upto 5th std.
- The income of the family should not exceed Rs.72,000/- per annum.
- The bride should have completed 18 years of age, at the time of marriage.
The eligibility criteria for those who opt for this assistance under scheme-II will be as follows:
1.The bride should be a Degree or Diploma Holder from Government approved colleges.
2.The income of the family should not exceed Rs.72,000/- per annum.
3.The bride should have completed 18 years of age, at the time of marriage.
Documents Required for Availing Thalikku Thangam Thittam Scheme in TamilNadu:
- Aadhaar card of the bride
- Birth certificate of the bride
- Community certificate
- Copy of School transfer certificate.
- Copy of X std Mark sheet
- Copy of Degree / Diploma certificate (For those who apply for the claim under Scheme -II)
- Income certificate
- Marriage invitation
- Passport size photo of bride
- Passport size photo mother or father.
Whom to contact for Availing this Thalikku Thangam Thittam Scheme?
If the applicant fulfills the above said criteria, then she is eligible to apply for this scheme. The applicant must take all the above mentioned documents and they should contact the following officers before 45 days of the marriage date.
1. Commissioner of Corporation (for Corporation area)
2. Municipal Commissioner (for Municipalities)
3. Panchayat Union Commissioner ( for Rural areas)
4. District Social Welfare Officers
5. Extension Officers (Social Welfare), Rural Welfare Officers (Women)
Who will get this assistance?
The assistance will be given in the name of father or mother of the girls. In case, parents were not surviving then the assistance will be given to the bride.
When to apply for this Thalikku Thangam Thittam Scheme?
One has to apply for this scheme, 45 days before the date of marriage. Only in exceptional circumstances the applications can be accepted one day prior to the marriage. The application received on or after marriage will not be considered.
How much time is taken to Process the application?
Once the application is submitted to the concerned authority, then it will take around 15 days to complete the process.