The Government of Tamil Nadu wnts to increase the earning potential of women. So sewing machines are supplied at free of cost with a view to increase the self-employment potential for rehabilitation of destitute women/widows, deserted women, differently abled men and women, socially affected women and women from economically weaker sections.
What is the Purpose of supplying free sewing machine scheme in Tamilnadu ?
- To enhance self-employment potential of poor women.
- To rehabilitate destitute women and widows.
- To uplift the livelihood of differently abled men and women.
Eligibility requirements for free sewing machine scheme in Tamil Nadu
- The applicant should have the knowledge of tailoring.
- The income should not exceed Rs.72,000 per annum.
- The age limit should be 20 to 40 years.
- The applicant should be Destitute women or widow or deserted women or differently abled men/ women or socially affected women or women from economically weaker sections.
Documents Required for getting free sewing machine
- Destitute/Deserted/Widow/Differently abled Certificate
- Family Income Certificate
- Age Certificate
- Certificate showing that the applicant has knowledge in tailoring.
- Passport Size Photo of the applicant.
Whom to contact for availing the free sewing machine?
- District Social Welfare Officers
- Extension Officers (Social Welfare)