The main objective behind launching this scheme is to empower women financially so that their livelihood and standard of living will improve. It is the major socio economic welfare scheme of Tamil Nadu Government. Women of Tamil Nadu will get monthly financial assistance under Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam Scheme.
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam Scheme is also known by some other names in Tamil Nadu such as :-
- “Kalaignar Mahalir Urimai Thittam Scheme”.
- “Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam Scheme”.
- “Tamil Nadu Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme”.
The name of scheme is based on former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Late Sh. M. Karunanidhi, who was famously known as Kalaignar (Artist). Women of Tamil Nadu will get monthly financial assistance under Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam Scheme. Monthly financial assistance of Rs. 1,000/- per Month i.e. 12,000/- per year will be provided to all eligible women beneficiary of Tamil Nadu.
The scheme also prioritizes the safety and security of women making them financially independent. This scheme aims to ensure the overall welfare and well-being of women living in Tamil Nadu.
Eligibility Requirement For Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam
The below mentioned eligibility conditions is set by Tamil Nadu Government in order to avail the benefit of Tamil Nadu Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam Scheme :
- Women beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
- Women beneficiary’s age should be above 21 Years. (birth should be after 15-09-2023)
- Annual family income of women beneficiary should not be more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per year.
- The annual electricity consumption of women beneficiary family should be below 3600 Units.
- Land holding of women beneficiary family should not more than 5 Acre of wetland or not more than 10 Acre of wetland.
Who Is Not Eligible For Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam
However, not all the women are eligible to avail this benefit. The Government of Tamil Nadu has set some eligibility criteria to assist the women. Below are the list of non eligibility conditions:
- If annual family income of women’s family is more than Rs.2,50,000/- per Year.
- Any family member is a Income Tax Payee.
- If she is an Employees/ Pensioner of any of the below mentioned organization such as Central Government, State Government, Public Sector Undertaking, Bank, Local Bodies, Co-operative Institutions.
- If she is an Elected People’s Representative such as Member of Parliament, Member of Legislative Assembly, Chairman of District Panchayat, Councillor of District Panchayat Councillor, Chairman of Panchayat Union, Councillor of Panchayat Union, President of Village Panchayat, Chairman and Councillor of Municipal Corporation/ Municipalities/ Town Panchayat.
- If family of women beneficiary has any of the following vehicle at home (Car, Jeep, Tractor, Heavy Vehicles)
- Businessmen in Family having Annual Turnover of Rs. 50,00,000/-.
- Pensioner in a Family.
If women who comes under any of the above mentioned conditions, then she is not eligible to get this assistance from the Government of Tamil Nadu.
What are the benefits, the applicant can get from this scheme?
Eligible Women Beneficiaries of Tamil Nadu will get the following financial assistance from the Government of Tamil Nadu.
Monthly Financial Assistance of Rs.1,000/- per Month i.e. 12,000/- per year will be provided to all eligible women beneficiary of Tamil Nadu.
Documents Required For Availing Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam
The following documents is required to avail the benefit of Rs.1,000/- per month under Tamil Nadu Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam Scheme
- Domicile or Residence Proof of Tamil Nadu.
- Passport Size Photograph.
- Ration Card.
- Aadhar Card.
- Electricity Bill.
- Mobile Number.
- Bank Account Details.
How to Apply?
- Eligible beneficiary can register themselves under Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam Scheme by visiting their area’s nearest Fair Price Shop/ Ration Shop.
- Initially the Registration of women beneficiary will be done at Ration Shop/ Fair Price Shop through Application Registration Forms.
- Volunteers present at shops will help the women beneficiary to fill the Registration Form of Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam Scheme.
- After filling it correctly, the application form of Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam Scheme will be submitted to officials present at ration shops.
- Received application forms will then forward to Implementing Department.
- Concerned officials will scrutinize the application form.
- After verification, the monthly financial assistance of Rs.1,000/- per month will be transferred in the bank account of women beneficiary.
Mode Of Payment:
The amount will be credited to the eligible women beneficiaries’ bank account by the Government of Tamil Nadu.