How to Apply for Govt School Girls Higher Education Assurance Scheme ?
Pen Kalvi is the scheme started by the Government of Tamil Nadu to increase the enrolment ratio of girls in Higher Educational institutions.
Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme
The Government of TamilNadu has launched Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme(Pen Kalvi scheme) to enhance the enrolment ratio of girls in Higher Educational Institutions. Through this scheme, the financial assistance of rupees 1000 (every month) will be given to the girls till their completion of UG degree/Diploma/ITI/any other recognized course.
Eligibility Requirements for Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme
- People who are living only in Tamil Nadu is eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Only girl students are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Girls who are studying in government school from 6 to 12 class are eligible for the scheme
How to get Pen Kalvi or Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Scheme ?
Documents Required for Higher Education Assistance / Availing Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme
- Aadhar Card
- Bonafide certificate
- bank account linked with Aadhar card
- passbook detail
- passport size photo
- mobile number
- email ID
- income certificate
- caste certificate
Eligibility for Rs. 1000 Assistance for Girls / Who will get this assistance?
1) Financial assistance will be provided to all students who were studied in government schools from Classes 6 to 12.
2) Assistance applicable for undergraduate, vocational and medical students.
3) In particular, students will benefit from this programme even if they have already benefited from other schemes.
4) At the same time, freshers in the academic year 2022-23 can also apply for this scheme
5) Second year students completing first year in colleges and 2nd to 3rd year students can apply for this.
6) In addition, the scheme will provide financial assistance to those who have studied in private schools from class 6 to 8 under Right to Education (RTE) and then joined government schools.
7) However, the scheme is not applicable to students studying in Distance Education and Open University.
8) Final year students of the academic year 2021-22 will not be able to avail the benefits of the scheme.
Main feature about Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme
- This scheme is only for girls class from 6 to 12.
- In this scheme Tamil Nadu state government giving Rs 1000 rupees for girls.
- Rupees 1,000/per month will be paid to students’ bank accounts till the completion of their studies without interruption.
- The incentive amount under this scheme will be sent directly to the student’s Bank Account
How to get Rs.1000 from TN govt for Girls Higher Education
How to apply for pen kalvi scheme
The mode of application is by online. Login to the official website, then click new user. It will ask phone number. OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. By entering OTP, student login page containing details needs to fulfilled and submit.
- School Girls studied in government school ( 6th to 12 th – Tamil Nadu ) are eligible to apply for this scheme
- When Girl is pursuing higher education, would continue to receive Rs.1000 per month.
- Rs. 1000 Rupees assistance will be given till completion of Post graduate or Under graduate courses
- Tamil Nadu Government also planning to rollout this Scheme via government and aided colleges.