The Government of Tamil Nadu has built many Government Working Women’s Hostels so that it could provide safe accommodation facilities to the working women who live far away from their families. This hostels could be accommodated only by lower and middle-income groups.
what will be provided inside the Government Working Women’s Hostel?
Government working women’s hostel is built for providing safe accommodation, food and electricity charges on dividing basis. A sum of Rs.300 per month in Chennai and Rs.200 per month in other Districts is collected as rent from the inmates.
Who will be the beneficiary?
The beneficiaries are working Woman with salary not more than Rs. 25,000 per month in Chennai and Rs.15,000 per month in other districts.
Eligibility requirements for staying in Government working women’s hostel:
- Working women from lower or middle income group.
- Working Woman with salary not more than Rs. 25,000 per month in Chennai and Rs.15,000 per month in other districts.
Time period to stay in Government working women’s hostel:
The time limit for staying in the Government working women’s hostel is only for 3 years.
- Certificates issued by the employer.
- Income Certificate of the Applicant
- Authority showing that the applicant belongs to District / Places other than the place where the hostel is located.
Whom to Contact for getting accommodation in Government Working Women’s Hostel?
- District Social Welfare Officers
- Superintendents of Government Working Women Hostel
- Extension Officers (Social Welfare)