The Government of Tamil Nadu has built many service homes so that it could take care of widows, destitute women, deserted women, adolescent girls and differently abled women and their children who are economically and socially backward. The main aim of this service home is giving them protection, education and vocational training.
what will be provided inside the Government Service Home?
The Government service home will provide accommodation, food, education and vocational training, free supply of text books, note books, uniforms, chappals and sanitary napkins.
Who will be the beneficiary?
The beneficiaries are Widows, destitute women, deserted women, adolescent girls, differently abled women who are socially and economically backward section. The women can stay with their male child up to 5th standard and girl child up to 12th standard in the Service Home.
Eligibility requirements for staying in Government service home:
- The annual income should not exceed 72,000/-
- The age limit should be 14 to 45 years.
- Educational qualification is not required.
- Age Certificate of the applicant
- Widow/Destitute/Deserted/Orphan Certificate.
- Income Certificate of the applicant / Parent / Guardian
- Certificate or proof of disability in case of differently abled.
- Death Certificate of the husband in case of widows.
- Certificate showing class last studied, if available.
Whom to Contact for getting accommodation in Government service home?
- District Social Welfare Officers
- Assistant Director,Service Home,Tambaram
- Superintendents of other Service Homes
- Extension Officers (Social Welfare)